Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-17-2013, 01:55 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
I've noticed mine doing what seems to be scratching as well however there is no sign of ich or any other issues. Aside form possible scratching it almost seems like a territorial display which wouldn't be out of character since the starry blennys are fairly territorial.

Mebbid's Fishtopia: Various builds
"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations." -Occam's razor
Mebbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Seems like the black spot and the outer white mark are present on alot of blennies also... I stayed up a long time last night searching and saw a few similar looking posts and pictures.
So that made me more nervous because his show of stress makes me wonder whats going on... Soooo today when i do my water change i think i. Going to move around some rocks and see if this helps with territory its the only thing left i can try.

Maybe the clowns got him scared that bad for territory ?

JW20VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
Thanks again to all for the help over this weekend with my blenny....

Today i did a good water change and rearranged my rockscape to see if that would restart the territory with the clowns and blenny, im in process of buying some new dry rock anyways so adding will help also for hide spots but i made 2 cave like structures with the live rock i do have and so far ... Blenny has taken the nice big one and clowns are swimming all around but focused more on the other cave across from blenny...

They all ate good after the rock and water change....water specs so far so good since the move around. Someone please keep there fingers crossed for me
Old 11-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
So far so good, keep us posted......
Jschier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #15
Thanks J

Day one of re-arrange shows blenny still stressed but getting around and eating. He is going to top of tank still alot whether it be in corner or swimming along top.

I know fish like to hit the sand to make food float up but seems like hes still doing it quite abit. Wish he would just settle down so i could sit and enjoy for a day. Im just worried theres something else going on im always a paranoid/worried though

Water params are 0 amm 0 nitrites and nitrates look to be orange/10 which they have been from start. Even with big WC using distilled 100 percent in tank .... I of course would like to get the. Low as possible but could this be a reason of him acting like this?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
I'd say no. That amount of nitrates *might* affect coral but a fish, I doubt that.

It sometimes takes some fish longer than others to get acclimated to their new homes. Just enjoy!

180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com