Nem trouble!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Guys we need help. We came hope to our GBTA just hanging upside down but like half of his foot. Since then, he wont attach to any rock for more than a couple minutes. He just dreifts around. Salinity is 1.025, trates are at 5, no ammonia or trites, and calcium is 380's. our alk swung a little bit lately but what is the peoblem??

Attachments

• image-3161762736.jpg
    image-3161762736.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 87
How bigs tank how long has it been set up , what type of lights, looks like cyno on the sand bed which tells me tank has a lot of nutritients ...

bskerrichard27 said:
How bigs tank how long has it been set up , what type of lights, looks like cyno on the sand bed which tells me tank has a lot of nutritients ...

66 gallon
5 ish months, but this was transfered from another smaller system
6 bulb T5
Yes. Im not sure how to get rid of it, there isnt much

Nem is doing a little better. Not sure if the foot is attached but i put him in a small hole and hes staying.

Kinda bugs me how i help people out on this site all day, but when i post threads they get no responses...*sigh*

Onr thing that has worked for me when my LT decided to go swimming was to kind of make a corral of live rock rubble and set the foot inside. That may or may not work for a BT as they seem to like to be on the rock where a LT seems to like to be on the sand with the foot under a rock, but it might be enough to keep it from blowing around and getting turned over.

Rutrag said:
Onr thing that has worked for me when my LT decided to go swimming was to kind of make a corral of live rock rubble and set the foot inside. That may or may not work for a BT as they seem to like to be on the rock where a LT seems to like to be on the sand with the foot under a rock, but it might be enough to keep it from blowing around and getting turned over.

Ive sortof done that, he is in a hole/small cave with rubble around him:)

I womder, is it dieing if it wont set its foot down? Should i get it out of the tank?

You can either do what was suggested above or even cut the powerheads for a couple hours until it gets that foot stuck on there somewhere good. I had that trouble with my rbta and I just blocked it from flow until it got ahold and turned things back on. Did the same for my carpet nem.

I'm curious as to why it did this. You have been set up for as long as I have and you know what you're doing...I mean, your tests aren't showing a reason for it to be upset AND you can see the color in the tentacles.

Sniperhank said:
You can either do what was suggested above or even cut the powerheads for a couple hours until it gets that foot stuck on there somewhere good. I had that trouble with my rbta and I just blocked it from flow until it got ahold and turned things back on. Did the same for my carpet nem.

I'm curious as to why it did this. You have been set up for as long as I have and you know what you're doing...I mean, your tests aren't showing a reason for it to be upset AND you can see the color in the tentacles.

Oh that is a good idea, when i move it i'll definitly give that a shot. Thanks.

Doesnt make much sense to me either. In it's old spot, the nem had moved to a place with very little light. I assume it was possibly very weak and just drifted out of there. Either way, ive done a pwc and will keep an eye on the levels. Thanks again Hank.

I'm wondering... You said it was going to split a while ago right? That could be a reason to why it doesn't look very happy. How is your clown handling this?

needmorecowbell said:
I'm wondering... You said it was going to split a while ago right? That could be a reason to why it doesn't look very happy. How is your clown handling this?

I think it should split soon, yes. But im not sure if thats why. He really had himself jammed into a terrible spot.

Haha, billay the clown is ok with it. He'll wiggle around in the nem even if it is shut

Gboy66 said:
Nem is doing a little better. Not sure if the foot is attached but i put him in a small hole and hes staying.

Kinda bugs me how i help people out on this site all day, but when i post threads they get no responses...*sigh*

Don't let it bother you just gotta be patient sometimes lol. I woulda chimed in but I got 0 experience with Nems so I'm no help haha. Good luck though and hope he makes it.

My nem I've had for a year at times it has done this same thing but always bounced back I too had a cyno prob I used API phosphate remover no cyno and no proublems with nem since I do not know for sure this was the cause my nem was irritated but I know when my.cyno was gone I had no more problems ...

Back
Top Bottom