Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2004, 03:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaynes01
try not to use the name nemo, (it makes me mad) JK
Yeah, no offense, but I am rather sick of it too. I purchased a magazine yesterday and it had a section on proper care for Nemo fish.

ugh!

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Something no one touched on yet is the o2 level, If the o2 level is low most fish will get to acting funny. Just my 2 cents .

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:23 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to ScurdOfCychlidz
thanks guys! now what about Dory fishes? lol jk.

anyways my guy still doesn't seem to be eating so it seems like his future is going to be the same as his friend..i just hope not. I think stress prolly had a big thing to do with this situation and from now on will definetly check them out more carefully.

Will let you know what happens, thx...

oh and how would you measure the o2? I have 4 other fish in there and they all seem to be doing fine...
Old 09-20-2004, 08:30 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
did you let your tank cycle fully before you put your clowns in???
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:14 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to ScurdOfCychlidz
yea all the levels were pretty much all the way down...and ph was perfect.

I'm thinking it has a couple of things to do with stress plus the chromises picking on them.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:43 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to nodoubt471
if you recently purchased the clown, keep in mind that it is hurricane season and many of the tropical fish "farms" in fllorida have had to shut down (ex ORA) and ship out all their fish. you may have ended up with a "rescue" fish, which was probably not ready to be sold and or was extremly stressed.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:16 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I was really worried about my first fish, a large, wild caught, Percula Clown. I paid $25.00 for the guy and for the first 4-5 days he just sat in the same place, breathing heavy and not eating or moving much, and, almost overnight what looked like a lateral line infection popped up.

I thought about trying tp take him back or possibly even flushing him but all of a sudden he got better. His side cleared up and he was all over the tank, swimming around, eating like a pig and extremely active. So, basically, give it a little time.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:20 PM   #18

One other thing, PetCo fish are crap, pure crap. Every SW fish I have bought from PetCo has died with the exception of two Domino Damsels. A great percentage of the freshwater fish I have bought from PetCo have also died. No, I am not doing anything wrong, all my other fish stay alive, healthy, and active. I buy some dry goods such as food from PetCo, but not fish.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:35 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to jaiden
flushing?

perhaps you were using a figure of speech, but please don't ever flush fish. They slowly die a miserable death in a sewer tank. You can quickly cut their heads off instead. Some people recommend freezing them.

Red tiger lilly, Rotala Indica, Sagittaria Subulata, Micro Sword, Cardinal Plant
Fluorite Black sand and gravel
jaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:18 PM   #20

Flushing

I would have froze him first.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com