Neon goby has white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bige

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a neon goby and a shark nose goby that get white spots every few days. The spots go away within a day then return two or three days later. What could this be? They eat and seem normal. No one is picking on them (that I know about). I have two clowns and those two gobies. Water is great.

It does kind of look like salt but it goes away so fast. Does ich come and go that quickly?

They usually drop off and reproduce in the substrate. Someone else can help you on this as I have never had an ich outbreak, but I know the basics of what to do.

It does kind of look like salt but it goes away so fast. Does ich come and go that quickly?

Yes it does. the parasite will attach to the fish and get it`s fii and then drop off to the substrate and then over 200 little ones called tomites will come out and go through the same cycle. Each cycle produces more and more parasites so it is important that you begin treatment soon.

Back
Top Bottom