New acro small piece turning White

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

On my new acro frag where it seems as though it was previously fragged it is starting to bleach... The rest of the Acro looks great.. All water levels awesome.. 0 amm... 0 rites... 2 trates.. Alk 3.43 meq/l... Ca 420...

edit- BTW pH is 8.2

I have enclosed the best possible picture that I could get..

TIA,
James

Can we get a close up of the bleaching area? Looks less like bleaching and more like loss of tissue. How long did it take to get this way?

Now that you speak of I would say loss of tissue as well.. This is as close up as I can Get.. I did notice a while back some of the tissue that looked like it was kind of peeling away.... As for how long I have had it since 11-14-03.. About 2 weeks.. It started off very small and continued.. I relized today when it was the entire small branch.. I do know that the LFS cut the Blue tip that was on all the ends of the branches off prior to sale for frag purposes... All the other tips seem to be fine.. BTW fwiw it still looks like there is polyps appearing in the White Area.. but very hard to tell..

HTH<
James

I did notice a while back some of the tissue that looked like it was kind of peeling away

This sounds like RTN, if so the coral should be fragged immediately to try and save the rest of it.

So I should cut off that one branch??? If so Would sharp Scissors suffice and how should i cut?? At an Angle or???

James

ok here is an extreme close up of before the cut.. and then one after the cut.. Do you think I got close enough? Or???

TIA,
James

cj10488,

If you can get your hands on some Tech-D coral dip by Kent, follow the instructions on the bottle. It helps prevent the spread of any bacterial infection.

HTH,'

Ok I will look for that at the LFS.. Adds are they done have it but its worth a try.. OTOH the Acro seems to be doing pretty good at the moment.. Polyps are extending like normal... I am hoping that I do not have further issues with this piece...

James

Well its apreading across the coral bottom.. Can I cut the think almost completely in half???

James

Ok well I decided to Cut The H$ll out of it and Just try my luck.. Odd thing is when I cut it out came a bristle worm and a few other wierd creatures that are small.. Do these things actually live inside these corals... Could this be what Caused RTN on this Coral???

I have 3 very small Frags left of this and a 2 extra "chunks" that I just happened to throw On a piece of LR to see If those happen to turn out ok.. The Chunks have a bit of Tissue loss due to the Cutters that I was using.. The other 3 frags look great so far and hopefully the will recover nicely..

TIA,
James

Well the 3 frags made it but the chunks did not.. Here is a couple of pics of the 2 frags that I have left.. I gave the other away..

James

Thanks To all of those that helped to save this coral..

Ack!!

Were they inside it, like they were eating it!? Was there hollowed out parts? It sounds like a tree when it's dying, all kinds of bugs end up being inside it sometimes.

Weird.... man, that's too bad. :(

Were they inside it, like they were eating it!?
Seemed like it to me.. lol Its alright I still have the Acro and everything seems to be better now.. I look at it this way.. More Trading Power... lol

James

Back
Top Bottom