New acropora with white tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aidanflower

Aquarium Advice Activist
so yesterday i got a new acropora frag from my lfs. It look healthy but not happy in their frag tank(meaning its polyps were just barely out. I have fluval 48 leds so i put it in the upper region of my tank. Within a few hours one of the tips turned white. Today it is still white hasn't gotten worse. Could it be from stress of a new tank, alk burn(i dont have an alk test but people say it could happen from quick changes in alk) or is it bleaching? What are your thoughts, thanks.

Attachments

• image-856875694.jpg
    image-856875694.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 81
Could be stress or bleaching due to lighting since you placed it at the top of your tank right away. Keep an eye and if it gets any worse I'd move it down some.

Okay thanks. So it dosent look like amy kind of tissue disease or deadly infecting or anything that would kill it?

It does not at this point, though keep a close eye on it. It very well could be tissue necrosis, and if it spreads, you might consider trimming that arm off ASAP. Acros can be very finnicky, especially when adjusting to a new home. If you are going to do anything, I'd move it down towards the substrate for at least a few days...

Back
Top Bottom