new addition not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stuquarium

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys,

on sunday i nought home a gorgoeus butterfly fosh for my FOWLR tank, i bought home some of the same a stuff that the store was feeding him, but he's not eating.

its almost friday and i haven't seen him, the foods i have avalable are flakes, blood worm, brine shrip frozen, marine mix frozen. theres no coral in the tank

its a butterfly fish thats looks like a threadfin without the thread or the spot on its yellow part.

any ideas guys ? are these fish small eaters? or take long to settle in a new tank?

go to liveaquaria.com, marinedepotlive.com or some other place like that that has nice pictures of fish. Try to get a positive ID on it would be helpful. Butterflies are notoriously picky eaters and can be difficult to get to eat.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=190

thats him, only he has a black stripe fown his back fin and not a dot.

i've noticed him picking at the live rock and substrate to, so maybe he is feeding, i havent tried algae yet as the profile suggests, so maybe thats the problem, Me! not him :)

i sat him in the bag in the tank for anout 30mins, then in 10min segments i added my tank water to his bag, then let him go after about an hour.

The link does not work. Please keep in mind that it is not good practice to bring home fish from the LFS without researching them first and knowing what fish you are getting. As mentioned, butterflies are very picky eaters and do not readily accept prepared foods. Did you acttually see the fish eat at the LFS or did they just tell you what it was eating? For now, try soaking some mysis shrimp in a garlic solution with some cyclop-eeze and see if it will accept that. It may just need some time to settle in. Good luck and keep us posted.

i usually do the research on a fish before purchase, on this occasion though i was only browsing when i found him, he had a magical look about him i couldn't resist, and the price was great to, so i took him home, and trid to read up on him while he was in the bag.

i'll get some algae disk's this weekend, and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom