New anemone not doing good.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brandontqm1995

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 90 gallon tank. I've had it for about a year now with only a few live stock in it. I put an anemone in it yesterday and the blower knocked him off his rock and rolled him across the sand. I moved the blower and put him on a different rock which he's kind of putting his foot on, but he looks deflated and flopped over. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417410315.553902.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Can you tell us more about the system? Anemone are sensitive creatures that will continue to move around until they are happy. They can be easily stressed if not acclimated to a new system. They need intense lighting to survive, as they are photosynthetic like the trees and grass in your yard. This means they need multiple bulb T5HO, MH, or powerful LED lighting to provide the needs for them to survive.

In terms of getting him to attach his foot when going into the tank, turning off the powerheads and then turning them back on later on works pretty well normally.

It's a 90 gallon with sump tank what rally do you need to know ?

Current parameters, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings.
Other tank inhabitants. What kind of lighting is over the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The ,ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings. Are all at 0 and have 2 42 inch blue light on the white light have stopped working and I'm getting it fix
I have 2 clowns 1 lawn mower blenny fish,1 damsel ,1mandarin,1dragon wrasse and a flaming angle ,star fish

that mandarin probably wont make it, what are you using to test? how did you cycle and how old is the tank?

sounds like not enough light IMO, possibly poor water quality (if tests are reading wrong). how often do you change water

I would say lighting is the issue here, if your white lights aren't working? What kind of lighting is it? Led or? Anemones need intense lighting to survive so if get that fixed ASAP!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No LEDs I think it was the light and I got the water tested at the store it all was good salt was a brt low that was all the tank is about a year out. But what is a good cheep led light system to put on it .

Back
Top Bottom