Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2003, 05:11 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thank you for getting it CrossRamZ11. It too boggles my mind how people can't decipher obvious sarcasm.
Just an FYI, I once spent 200 bucks to save a 10 dollar Lawnmower Blenny. It died two days later, but I still made the effort. I hope this clarifies my feelings toward my fish.

Lawnmower Blenny -(Lenny), Talbot's Damsel -(Dottie), Tomato Clown -(Ketchup)
Nameless fish include, Neon Blenny, Singapore Shrimp Goby, Yellow Tail Damsel, 1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimps, purple pseudochromis.
gfishguy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:29 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Re: Sarcasm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRamZ11

Mutz,

I am pretty sure fishguy was being sarcastic in that statement...hence the upset smiley.
You're right. My apologies.

Old 09-09-2003, 08:50 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via ICQ to roblikesfish Send a message via AIM to roblikesfish Send a message via MSN to roblikesfish
ok ok ... So like he made a mistake. We are entitled. I just hope he Read and Researches this hobby a little more careful now.

I am sure he feels sorry.

Lets leave this one be, no more need to rag on him any longer
Old 09-09-2003, 11:21 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

And I would like to remind you all of the user agreement that you accepted when you created your account here at Aquarium Advice. This is, and will remain so, a NO FLAME forum. Constructive Criticisim is welcome and encouraged but if your post does not contain useful information or a comment of a positive nature please reconsider your post. Flames will not be tolerated.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:36 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
Can noone see a bit larger problem here? Who let this person BUY THESE FISH?????????????

If you sell fish, u have the responsibility to make sure that the fish have some remote chance of survival at the cery least. I understand you can't go to the house, inspect the tank, and be sure, but shouldn't the question be asked about what kind of setup you have? That irritates me more than the fact the fish were purchased, is that they were allowed to be purchased. Most people think, and it is partially true, that a FW tank can kinda be thrown together without much research. So if a store does not inform a "newbie" that SW tanks take much more preperation and care, then I feel the blame here lies directly in the lap of the place where thhe fish wer bought!

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 03:00 PM   #16
Sam
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Exactly my opinion. However, I can see where a customer comes in and says to the store employee " I want to buy this fish and that fish." Unless the customer says, " I am thinking of buying some fish to start up a new tank, what would you advise?" then I think that the store cannot be held responsible or accountable. After all they will interrogate everyone who walks in to buy livestock, they will assume you know what you are doing unless you tell them you don't. I think this is just a tragic case of ignorance in what was needed. On the positive side, Edison did seek out answers, so that is the first step in understanding and learning what went wrong and how not to repeat the mistakes made. That IMHO is the very reason for the existence of this forum. 8)

Me
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 10:30 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

In my limited experience in SW, I've found that most of the LFS are more interested in selling fish rather finding out what is compatible or reasonable.
I've also discovered that it is my responsibility to ask questions before buying what seems to be the most interesting.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:00 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

u are right

Cathyjane u are right when i started i told the pet shop i was starting a fish sw tank and i was going to also go reef. I asked them to sell me reef safe fish they did ......1 rock beauty 1 copperband great for a reef.
Thanks to some of the members at the club who taught me to READ & ASK ? i am doing better & so is my tank.
I am really glad i belong to this group.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:01 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

u are right

Cathyjane u are right when i started i told the pet shop i was starting a fish sw tank and i was going to also go reef. I asked them to sell me reef safe fish they did ......1 rock beauty 1 copperband great for a reef.
Thanks to some of the members at the club who taught me to READ & ASK ? i am doing better & so is my tank.
I am really glad i belong to this group.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:06 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via ICQ to roblikesfish Send a message via AIM to roblikesfish Send a message via MSN to roblikesfish
On LFS issue, he could have easily bought them from a large chain ( petsmart Petco etc. ) and the clerk was some kid trying to make his commission or something etc. ..

Again, he made a mistake and lets hope he does not do it again and lets hope he will continue to read AA and other sources out there.

Tags
die, died

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com