Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2004, 01:35 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Even 4x96 is gonna be tight. I believe it is reccomended that these be kept under MH .

Old 10-01-2004, 01:42 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't think it will be enough still.. but it's worth a shot.

However, once your tank has matured some you will be fine to keep something like a BTA with that lighting.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:49 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I am getting the light regardless so I guess I will give it a try. Anything else I can do? What about correct conditions for him. How much water movement? Obviously all the light I can muster. How often should I hand feed him food? Any best food for him?
Sorry for all the questions but this kinda got thrown at me. I had no time to research his needs.

Do you think I have a chance with him if I get the new light in time?
Old 10-01-2004, 01:56 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

The water should be very stable. It will move itself to wherever it feels best in terms of flow and light. Usually i dont think it is a good idea to feed anemones, but in your case with the lighting you have, you might want to feed it some. I have never kept an anemone so i wouldnt know how frequent to feed. But i do believe that people feed them silversides. Honestly i just dont think that light will be enough for a carpet, they are one of the more difficult anemones. But i guees its worth a try. I hope everthything works out!
Old 10-01-2004, 02:00 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to xxmoorishmanxx
IME i have bibblr tip i feed it at least 2 times a week if not as much as three or four times a week. if conditions are stable and theyre well feed it will promp them to feed. I wouldn't use brine though, try silver sides, fish, shrimp (large store bought),

Slick y u think feeding is bad?
Old 10-01-2004, 02:03 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to xxmoorishmanxx
Bubble tip sorry its late bad typing
Old 10-01-2004, 02:07 AM   #17

Well, I gotta sleep now. If anyone else has any ideas please post them and I will check in the morning.

Thank you for all the help.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:08 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you have other inhabitants in your tank you feed I wouldn't be too concerned about direct feeding. But, considering your lighting issue, I would direct feed the anemone, at most, once a week. If it doesn't like the water flow etc., it will move itself. Allow it to move freely, don't interfere unless you must. Sorry to say but don't feel too bad if you lose it. A tank as young as yours is detrimental to an anemone's health even if your water seems stable. Also, regarding the Kent additive, never add anything you don't test for and know what the proper numbers of each element should be. You would be much better off just performing regular water changes of 20-25% to replenish any depleted minerals, etc. Always research BEFORE adding new additions. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:16 AM   #19

Whoa there MT79. Read the posts. I DO research before buying. I was simply trying to save a doomed anenome from a living room floor when a friend's tank busted and drained eveywhere.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:21 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I did not want to assume anything you never know...just trying to help

Tags
anenome, carpet, carpet anenome

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com