Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-01-2004, 01:25 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just heard from alot of the admins here that anemones should get almost all of their food photosinthetically. If you feed them they will grow very fast (or so ive heard). I honestly wouldnt know becuase i havent had an anemone. I gues nothing beats firsthand expirience!

sicklidkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:41 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic
IMO, MH lights would be the best. PC lights just doesn't have the intensity for the carpet.

Paintballs look like bubble gum
14G starphire,150W MH+32W act03,AquaClear 150 HOB filter, 75W EboJager, IceProbe chiller, Remora skimmer, closed loop SCWD mag5, auto toper-offer.
klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:58 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
I understand the postion you are in with the anenome. However, MH is about the only thing that will save this animal. Be very careful that the animal does not die in your tank. When an anenome dies it can release toxins into the tank and wipe out everything. The best thing you can do is find a good LFS that has MH lighting and give it to them. You do not want this to die in your tank. Good luck and keep us posted...Lando
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I can see that he could be a great addition at the right time (with the right lighting) I will try to get him to a lfs. The ones near me will not take him. I tried that first but to no avail.

I had previously decided to get a Aqualight lunar 4x96w. I have ordered it but I can still change to something else. I do not know much about mh. I understand the lighting but not the set up. Can anyone help with the components needed or a good place to find a ready to go mh lighting system? I have an 80 gallon 48x15x24. I think I will need two 250w?
Bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 06:22 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes you will need two 250w MH for a 4ft tank. Our very own Darin could hook you up at captivereefs.com. You can get it to where all you do is set it on the tank and plug it up. Your looking at $500 - $750 range. 8O

You might can get by with 2 175w MH. But I would go for the 250w.
Remember to Keep Christ First!
revhtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 06:55 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't really think it's worth doing at this point. You still have a very new tank and there's no guarantee the anemone will survive even with sufficient lighting.

But if you don't mind the expense and want to get the MH anyway, then you will definitely be able to handle just about anything you wanted to keep in the future, including SPS and Clams.

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
- Rodney Dangerfield.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote

anenome, carpet, carpet anenome

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com