Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
New clam is dead for some unknown reason

My string of horrible luck continues. Got a 2.5" crocea on saturday. It's mantle was fully extended at the store and it reacted well when I did the hand test. It's foot wasn't damaged and I checked it well for pyramid snails. I got it home acclimated it and it fully opened within minutes. I placed in on the bottom of my tank next to my squamossa figuring that since that clam was happy with the flow rate this clam would be happy as well and I could move it up the tank as it acclimates to my light. A couple times on sunday it was on it's side so I flpped it back over and decided to move it this morning figuring maybe it wasn't happy. I get home today at lunch and it's dead. No idea what went wrong which is pretty much the story of all my tanks lately.....

Amonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate <5
SG 1.025
Temp 79
alk 440
Alk 10dkh

Old 12-13-2004, 04:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry to hear. It's possible that the clam was already dying before you purchased it.

klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to xxmoorishmanxx
u add any kalk or anything affecting the ph, i had a clam die after i intraduced some new aragontie to quickly, threw off my oh and calc. levels
Old 12-13-2004, 05:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
I guess the clam could have been dieing, but it appeared very healty...

I always drip 1gal of RO/DI water w/ 2tsp of kalk every night, I use a pH monitor to make sure it's not dripping too fast.

Tags
clam, dead

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com