New Clown fish, Are they sick, what can i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well they are doing good. They still seem like the are swimming against a big current. But they are getting more calmmer and calmmer.
My Nitrite did go up to .25 since i put the there, and so did the ammonia, i just did a 10 percent watter change and i will do another tomorrow. I gotta order my RO/DI system today.

Well they are doing good. They still seem like the are swimming against a big current. But they are getting more calmmer and calmmer.
My Nitrite did go up to .25 since i put the there, and so did the ammonia, i just did a 10 percent watter change and i will do another tomorrow. I gotta order my RO/DI system today.
IMO you should test the tank several times a day, you will be surprised how quickly the parameters change. You may have to perform more than 1 PWC a day depending on what's happening. Hopefully your tank did cycle otherwise it will be a rough ride.

yeah i've been testing the water a few times a day, mainly ammonia and nitrate. We'll see how it goes. If for some reason it didn't cycle, did i just slow everything up? or i'm i still on track.

yeah i've been testing the water a few times a day, mainly ammonia and nitrate. We'll see how it goes. If for some reason it didn't cycle, did i just slow everything up? or i'm i still on track.
Check your nitrites as well. I made the mistake of cycling my 44 Cichlid with fish ,they survived (I will never do that again) but the amount of water changes I did was crazy when things were spiking out. At one point I was doing 30 to 50 % twice a day for a week and a half, it took a total of 6 1/2 weeks to complete the cycle. If you can try to find an established tank to put your fish in (It's a tremendous amount of stress on the fish) then throw a couple of raw shrimp in the tank and let nature take it's course. This way the fish will be OK and you wont have to worry about water changes until the end when the tank has cycled at that point do a PWC, get everything to the correct levels (PH, KH, Nitrates, Salinity etc) let it sit a day or two then re acclimate your clowns to the tank. I did my 120 FOWLR this way and worked out great, much less stress on you and the fish. I used LR and Shrimp in the 120 and it took about 3 week to cycle, then I waited 1 week after the PWC (I left the shrimp in during the 1 week waiting period to keep the bacteria fed), removed the shrimp on day prior to adding Nemo and Marlin. I would consider this route. On another note, you will be going thru a lot of salt and stress if you continue this way and at the end the fish will have paid the ultimate price.

I agree watch your water but clowns just swim funny (after all they are clown fish) and they LOVE to swim against a current. my mated pair will push each other out of the way to get right in front of a k3

Back
Top Bottom