new convict tang, please read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jazztalker

Aquarium Advice Regular
About an hour or so ago, I added a convict tang to my tank. I used a method to acclimate him that the LFS has told me to use before, and I've never had any problems. I just did a water change, and they said everything with my water was fine. At the store, the tang was a little shy and hiding by a rock, but he looked fine otherwise. Now, in my tank, he seems to be darker in color, his fins are going faster and his mouth looks like he's essentially breathing hard. He's also trying to get as far under some of my live rock as he can. Is this just because hes stressed from the move, or is something wrong with him? Please help. Thanks!

The move does cause quite a bit of stress. That could be it. It could also be the way you acclimated him to your tank also. Read up on how it ought to be done. I definitely dont agree with your LFS acclimation plan. Hopefully it is just the stress of moving

How can you disagree with my LFS acclimation plan if you don't even know what it is :D

Anyway, he seems to be better now, he's swimming around a bit more, and his color seems to have returned to normal. I think I just freaked out a little... sorry :)

I was thinking the same thing!!!!
Fish will get darker when stressed, trying to blend in.
It can take some fish several days till there comfortable in a new environment

jazztalker said:
I used a method to acclimate him that the LFS has told me to use before, and I've never had any problems. I just did a water change, and they said everything with my water was fine.

???????
there is nothing there about how they acclimated the fish????
Must be my new glasses, I don't see it 8O 8O

Used method to acclimate fish that LFS told them to use.......

Never had any problems, meaning with previous acclimations.....

Just did a WC and all tests were good....

Maybe I need another beer.... I'll read it again in a hour... :?:

Yeah, I think I'll have a beer too :) The fish is doing great now, I definitely just overreacted. Whew! He's so cool, and very friendly and is swimming all over the place exploring his new home. What an awesome fish, I was so excited to see him at the store today. :D

Back
Top Bottom