New Court Jester Goby not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well at this point i dont think anything would hurt. The two times i tried they both last over three months and never died starving at lest they looked fat and plump as the same the day i bought them. mine all appeared to eat and i personally saw him clear a spot of alage so i'm stupefied why they died. The first one just died and the other died but i have my suspicion about my hermit nabbing him? But i have just decided after two gobie and 6 months that its either just bad luck or my tank is missing something. So for the time being i will just let this one to the sea.

Oh i forgot i used a brine shrimp pellet fall to the sand and usually the other fish broke it up and it mixed with the sand. This is how i started feeding my twin spot sand sifter until i got him to flakes. You could try this my jester did get some of this by a miss happ when he sifted. Not sure maybe you could trick him eating and he doesnt even know it. I saw this happend a few times but it certainly did sustain mine off this, but at this point anything might be worth while?

Brenden said:
mykpoz: It will hurt a lot if it infects my main with something.

Sorry, that was more directed at your pulling some LR from the main to QT.

Still the same. He picks at stuff when I feed but his belly is still caved in. He is a really cool looking fish I really hope when I get him to the main he will perk up. I have enough pods for him and algae for him to eat all day everyday. He is going to the main in about two days. I will update after.
:?

Ok update.....I was going to wait but what is two days. I put him in the main. WOW What a piggy :eggface: !!!!!!!!!! Eating and sifting through the sand. He is still looking skinny but I hope he can recover. He has not stopped eating since 2:30 today. I took a look before lights out :sleeping: and still going at it! Yes I hope he pulls through! :multi:

Looking better than ever. Stomach is starting to fill out. Looks better than when I received him. :)

Back
Top Bottom