new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just got a neon dottyback and acclimated him to my tank for about a halfhour, hes still swimming around but i can see he is still breathing really heavily is this normal? i guess because hes still adjusting or did i do something wrong how long does it usually take for the fish to get to normal breathing

just a little update he has been in the tank for about 2 hours now, he is still pretty active he found himself his cave and is swimming in and out of it but i can see he is still breathing heavy what do you guys think, you think he will make it any reassurence would help ease my nervousness thanks guys!!

yea the lights are off, i turned them off when i introduced him, i just dont know about the heavy breathing cause none of my other fish i introduced breathed heavy for more then 15 mins after being introduced hence my nervousness

0 ammonia, 0 nitrate, 0 nitrite, SG 1024 and PH 8.1 my paramaters are usually always good i know its not that i was just nervous that i didnt acclimate him long enough, plus i didnt test the water from my LFS and like i said hes still active hes staying clsoe to his cave which is usuaul behavior for them its just the rapid breathing thats making me nervous i hope it slows down

Back
Top Bottom