New Fish with Indents on Side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adams11s

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey All. I just got a powder brown Tang and he is beautiful. On it's right side he has some marks on him. Being new to the hobby, I am unsure if it is something to be concerned about or not.

I have a 90 gallon reef. In it I have 2 clown fish, a Damsel, couple emerald crabs, and a fire shrimp. Just got the tang yesterday and noticed it on him once I got him in. I don't know if he is sick or if it could be from hitting something?
He doesn't scratch or anything. He does like to hang in one area of the tank, but could be nervous with his new tank mates. I appreciate your help!!

Let me know if the photos are sufficient enough.rps20171219_101458.jpgrps20171219_101528.jpg

It might even have happened before you got him. It is hard for me to see but maybe looks blemished from other fish or running into rocks.

I trust anyone who reps a Buckeyes Logo ! Do you live in Cbus? I got him at Aquatic adventures in Hilliard.

I should say that it for sure happened before I got him. I noticed a little spot in the bag, and when I put him in the tank it was immediate that I realized he had that mark on the lower side and the indents on his upper half.

my Vlamingi tang gets the same type of scratches when he darts in and out of the rocks.
there size with all those tight nooks and cranny's through out the rocks there bound to get a few scratches .

I appreciate your guys' help. I figured, at least I had hope hoped, it was from hitting rocks. Being new, I have that fear of bringing in something bad. Grateful for your teachings.

Back
Top Bottom