New goby covered in worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabellarosas15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a blue spotted watchmen goby and he has flatworms all over him not sure what to do I got him medicine and we are on the third day of treatment but he it seems like there are even more worms now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would simply do a freshwater dip. The flatworms should fall right off. Can you get a picture of what you are talking about? It is pretty abnormal to have a fish with flatworms.

I did what u told me and it worked really well all the worms just fell off but the worms were so bad that he has marks all over him where his skin is discolored thank for the advice though he looks a lot happier

I already did the freshwater dip sorry I can't take a picture but I can tell what they look like they are whitish and kind of see through they are small and have a circle like shape

A treatment like that would be a good choice if they return. Did you buy the fish with them or did they show up?

They just showed up one day. I do feed him frozen shrimp because he's a finicky fish could that be it

Food wouldn't have caused that. It was most likely he was infected before you bought him and is a finicky eater because he's sick. Keep a close eye on him, and may want to keep him in a hospital tank to avoid this effecting anyone else in the tank while doing so. The more I think and read about it magically showing up the more unsettled I get, meaning there is a likelihood of it showing back up and needing to medicate to solve this issue.

I was thinking of returning him to the fish store because he's a goby he's super territorial and I have a 20 gallon tank with the only other inhabitants being a small hermit crab and a clown fish who mostly hangs out at the top could I trade him in for some other fish

Oh and since I got him I've notice weird little gray things at the bottom of the tank

Oh I just remembered a few weeks after we bought him his eye got really cloudy we thought he banged his eye on something but after awhile of looking at it I could see something white on his eye then I realized it was a worm and then it started moving around on his eye I told my mom but she didn't believe me so instead of getting stuff to get rid of the worms she got this weird stuff that's supposed to take care of every fish problem. But it didn't really work

Back
Top Bottom