New Koren Angle with eye poping??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The tank is 100 gal....been up for over a yr and have triving fish, and live rock....
got a small koren angle last wed ( i got him and a Pearlscale Butterfly, which is doing great)
did 2 25gal water changes before i got the fish (1 2 weeks before and the 2nd the week before) and did 5 hrs accolmation with him(did not mix the store water with mine)...the others are fine but the angle has 1 eye thats lookin like it poppin out...gross

so...what to do now...tryin to get him out to quartine him wont be easy....is that something i can do to treat the tank and not affect the others??
btw...what is the treatment on this?

Keep up the water quality if you cannot remove it to a qt tank; however, I would still give removal a shot first. Usually a single eye "popping" is caused by physical trauma whereas both eyes "popping" is a result from a bacterial infection (bacterial can result from trauma). For now I would try dosing the tank with Epsom salt (recommended dose is 1 tbspn/5g). If you are concerned about the dose you can try 1 tspn/10g. If the condition continues to worsen and both eyes begin "popping," do try and remove to a qt so you can treat with a broad spectrum anti-bacterial such as Maracyn, Nitrofurazone, etc.

Innovator said:
Keep up the water quality if you cannot remove it to a qt tank; however, I would still give removal a shot first. Usually a single eye "popping" is caused by physical trauma whereas both eyes "popping" is a result from a bacterial infection (bacterial can result from trauma). For now I would try dosing the tank with Epsom salt (recommended dose is 1 tbspn/5g). If you are concerned about the dose you can try 1 tspn/10g. If the condition continues to worsen and both eyes begin "popping," do try and remove to a qt so you can treat with a broad spectrum anti-bacterial such as Maracyn, Nitrofurazone, etc.

i think your right cause on one side it looks like he was ruffed up abit...by what im not sure cause i dont see any agressive behavior from the others.
he is moving an deating but catching will be hard...and ill end up tearin the rocks apart...so id prefer not doing that....im goin to keep doing a few more water changes and see how he is...i see if i can get a pic

ok...i heard another suggestion which i may try....get him in a quar tank...and add a cap full fo hydro peroxide?? anythoughts on this?

Back
Top Bottom