New leather not opening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got an awesome toadstool w/ green polyps. It was at my work doing great for a month or two and I finally purchased it. It was open the first night and now has not been open in the last 2-3 days. All my other poyps, leathers, mushroom, zoos are open and doing great in this tank. Water all test great, tank is a 30gal w/ 96w PC 30lbs LR and a XP2 canister filter. There are no fish in the tank and just 2 peppermint shrimp. Should I switch the leather to my 110 reef hoping it will open or wait a few more days?

I'm not an expert by any means. But, I've had similar issues with mine and from talking to others.... they just kinda do what they want..... as far as what I've been told, as long as the polyps are comming out some then things are alright.... they just don't care how the tank looks... :) .... selfish toadstools.

Just give it a little time. :wink:

Since it has been moved to a new environment, it may shed. Thats what mine did. It didnt open for a few days, when it was done, BOOM! :wink:

Don't worry yet. Leathers usually take a few days to open. You may see some stringy stuff coming off which means its shedding its skin and will open soon. And when it does it will usually look better than ever. Just make sure you have pretty good water flow.

Yes, my leather coral behaves the same way. They just open and close and I have yet to figure out why...or on what schedule. Actually, mine looks like it is going to bud so many times that I may have to take it back!

Back
Top Bottom