New Mushroom Coral hanging on "by a tread" to the liverock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xtina

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday afternoon my boyfriend went to the LFS where we have been many times before and bought two mushroom corals. Each was on its on piece of live rock. Before I got home, he use putty to putty the really small piece of live rock with coral to the bigger piece of rock. When I got home, I noticed the one of the mushrooms was really flopping around while the other was swaying gently in the current. Last night I moved the two (because they are now puttied together on the one rock) in an are in much less current. But still I just noticed that went a good current comes a long, the mushroom coral is attached to the rock "by a thread". I asked my b/f if it was flopping around like that like at the LFS and he didn't think so, and he said he might have bumped it when he was using the putty. The coral is orange. On the underside, I see white where that would be the stem but the stem is not attached except for a thin short string. But also see two dark spots on the underside near/on the stem. SO, can we putty the the (entire) bottom of the corral to the live rock? Is the corral going to be oK?

Yesterday afternoon my boyfriend went to the LFS where we have been many times before and bought two mushroom corals. Each was on its on piece of live rock. Before I got home, he use putty to putty the really small piece of live rock with coral to the bigger piece of rock. When I got home, I noticed the one of the mushrooms was really flopping around while the other was swaying gently in the current. Last night I moved the two (because they are now puttied together on the one rock) in an are in much less current. But still I just noticed that went a good current comes a long, the mushroom coral is attached to the rock "by a thread". I asked my b/f if it was flopping around like that like at the LFS and he didn't think so, and he said he might have bumped it when he was using the putty. The coral is orange. On the underside, I see white where that would be the stem but the stem is not attached except for a thin short string. But also see two dark spots on the underside near/on the stem. SO, can we putty the the (entire) bottom of the corral to the live rock? Is the corral going to be oK?

Update:
Just checked on the coral, and it has been separated from the rock and is currently lying nearby on a nearby rock. There is not a lot a current there so I am hoping it is "lodged there". What do I do with it - Can I glue it flat on the rock with putty? Or will it grow into the new rock IF it happens to not move?

Back
Top Bottom