New ocellaris clowns not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got these fish yesterday but they're already so active and lively but whenever I try to feed them, they come up to the food as if they're so excited to eat it and then they just swim away
Iv tried to feed them spectrum and mysis shrimp but they won't eat either :/
Going to try brine shrimp once they hatch but are there any ideas on why they don't want to eat?

Clownfish

hi i have clown fish and they are very lively and eat marine flake and variety of frozen food such as mysis and brine shrimp. it maybe that they are still gettin use to their new home and not interested in the food yet? keep feedin a little everyday.
Ellen

How small are they? If they're very small, mysis might be too big for them. When my clown was very small, he really liked the frozen cyclopeeze because they're very tiny. If yours are very small, you might need to crush some flakes into very tiny pieces.

They're hardly over an inch but some of the pieces of shrimp that come out are really! Small
I have to crush some of the pellets into smaller peices but I think they would fit in their mouths if I didn't

They already seem well settled in and they won't even run away or hide when I come up to the tank which is surprising because EVERY time I ever got a fish that is what they'd do for the first few weeks

Back
Top Bottom