new Pulsing Xenia not pulsing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmetcalf

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,
I bought a pulsing Xenia today.I put it in my tank, it started pulsing, everything was good. I look at it again a few hours later and it's not pulsing anymore. Is that normal? Or is it mad at me?

It's probably mad at you.

Suppose you're a coral, you're in an LFS, nice, warm, cozy, life is good. Then someone 400x bigger than you grabs you, and puts you in a bag of water. You're so scared you **** yourself, and there's no fresh water flow in the bag you're in, so now you smell it, and it stinks, so you vomit yourself, now you have that smell in there too.

Finally, a couple hours later some big hand moves you into a new home. It's all nice and cozy, probably better than your LFS home, but you're sick from sitting in the bag of nasty stuff for so long. You take a few breaths of the now clean water, but still not feeling great.

Maybe an overexaggerated illustration? haha, I got carried away.

Give it a few days to get over the transfer stress and get acclimated, I'm sure it'll be fine if you acclimated it properly.

Wow, i kinda feel bad for buying fish and stuff now haha. Thanks for the heads-up. It looks perky enough.. Lets hope it likes it's new home eventually :)

It's probably mad at you.

Suppose you're a coral, you're in an LFS, nice, warm, cozy, life is good. Then someone 400x bigger than you grabs you, and puts you in a bag of water. You're so scared you **** yourself, and there's no fresh water flow in the bag you're in, so now you smell it, and it stinks, so you vomit yourself, now you have that smell in there too.

Finally, a couple hours later some big hand moves you into a new home. It's all nice and cozy, probably better than your LFS home, but you're sick from sitting in the bag of nasty stuff for so long. You take a few breaths of the now clean water, but still not feeling great.

I almost fell off my chair.

Neilan, kinda having one of those Steven King moments? :) That was fun.

LMercalf, don't take it personal if it never does like its new home. Xenia can be a weird coral. Loves some tanks, either funky or pristine. Can't get going in others, funky or pristine. No rhyme or reason.

Now if it does like your tank, you're gonna have your hands full before long. Gotta prune. Place it up high now as it will reach to the light and overtake everything in its path.

Back
Top Bottom