New skunk shrimp, babies in bag?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benae1004

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a single skunk shrimp from my LFS (about 20 minutes ago) and while he is being acclimated I've noticed 4-5 very small organisms swimming around inside the bag. They sort of look like shrimp and the biggest one is maybe 2-3 millimeters long.

They're all swimming around like mad and it doesn't seem to be bothering the bigger skunk shrimp at all.

I am wondering what to do with these guys. I've lost an entire tank to a parasite few months ago and I'm only recently starting back up. So obviously I'm very wary on what to do with this.

But if they're babies then I'd be glad to put them in as I only purchased one due to a tight budget.

Details if it matters:
55 gallon with ~30 pounds of live rock.
1 humu humu trigger
2 snails

Any help would be appreciated.

might be babies these guys often breed. If they are and arent prepared to raise them there is no way they'll make it, but the fish would love them for dinner. Without seeing them coudnt tell ya if they are babie or parasites

I'm thinking the trigger may eat your shrimp. Mom and babies. Others with trigger experience may weigh in, but sounds like you might not have shrimp for long at all.

Heck ya, that shrimp is going to be fish food....... I would not add him... Very expensive snack for the trigger......

Back
Top Bottom