New to forum, cleaner shrimp question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I have kept fresh water aquariums for years, new to sw. A friend moved to an apartment and had to give up 75 gal tank. I had this up and cycled for about 3 months. Have a tomato clown, yellow tang, 1 hermit crab and 2 small damsels, all doing fine. I also had a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp for about a month. This morning the cleaner shrimp was dead. It had molted once since I got it. Water parameters are: ammonia = 0; nitrite = 0; nitrate = 20; pH around7.9 (hard to read); salinity 33.8 ppt taken with YSI conductivity meter (converts to about 1.023/.024?); water temp 82 F. Am I doing something wrong or just bad luck with the shrimp? Really miss my shrimp.
Thanks,
Mike

did u actually see it died body? or just another shell?
your parameteres r fine.
reasons it might died r no food, or your shrimp became a meal to your other fish.
ohoh, how did u acclimate it?

Moving this to the sick fish forum. Not everyone comes to this forum. Your thread will get more looks there. As far as an answer how often are you doing PWC`s?

ToT my first cleaner was so touch that actually didn't die when my nitrate rocket raised to 60ppm, but then my porcupine ate it for dinner....
then my other 2 followed...sigh...not gonna have shrimps until I move my puffers to another tank.

Back
Top Bottom