New to qt advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefnoob84

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got my qt set up about 6 hrs ago. I purchased a 20L with a marine land bio wheel filter and a little heater. Already had air pump and stones. I got all 7 fish out this morning after I found my naso dead as a door nail. My juvenile hippo isn't looking good neither is my mandarin goby. The hippo developed white pimple looking specs on him last night which is most likely ich. I started treatment with ich-x.

One question I have is wether I should take out the pad in the filter with the carbon in it or leave it in. The bottle says to remove carbon but don't stop filtration.

I put some PVC and some dead lr and an old cover for a pump.

Hopefully I'm doing this right. I really don't want to lose any more fish.

I have to add too that i left the house for 2 hrs and shut the lights off in the tank considering it was about time anyways. When we returned home i looked in the tank to find the hippo with all his fins erect and discoloration on his belly, almost looked like someone had dipped him in bleach. I turned the lights back on and within 20 min he was back to almost normal with the spots still on him.

First off from what you discribed sounds like the tank is not cycled. Second, most meds will be pulled out with carbon thats why the instructions say to remove it from your filter If that tank isn't cycled ammonia and nitrites will start to rise.

Back
Top Bottom