Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

New to sw have a biocube 29. Than you for yor time.

Tank is empty. I want to start adding live sand n water. Want to know what is best water for filling tank? Mix myself or buy water at store n which type of water from store? I want to make it a simple reef tank w a few fish. If I had one upgrade to make to the biocube, which upgrade wld b most beneficial? Where do I place the chemipure bag? Also, any good online places where I cld buy live rock n critters from thtat is reputable ? Thank you so much! I'm excited to join this site and make new friends!!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weehawken64 View Post
Tank is empty. I want to start adding live sand n water. Want to know what is best water for filling tank? Mix myself or buy water at store n which type of water from store? I want to make it a simple reef tank w a few fish. If I had one upgrade to make to the biocube, which upgrade wld b most beneficial? Where do I place the chemipure bag? Also, any good online places where I cld buy live rock n critters from thtat is reputable ? Thank you so much! I'm excited to join this site and make new friends!!
This should help you along.

The Bio Cube 29 Information Thread

Places to buy fish and rock other then your LFS.

http://www.liverockranch.com/page/page/6544418.htm

http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supply/Liverock.html

http://www.thepetstop.com/fish-shop/live-rock-1.html

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/a...lies.cfm?c=393

A few of these places also sell many other things as well.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thank you so much. There is so much to learn cus I really wana do it right.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Thank you so much. There is so much to learn cus I really wana do it right.
Just take your time and you'll do just fine. Ask as many questions as you need to. That's what we're here for.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

That's a great link. Tnx. What size power head is good for the 29? In addition to stock it comes w?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
That's a great link. Tnx. What size power head is good for the 29? In addition to stock it comes w?
Info is all in thread but you can upgrade your pump to the MaxiJet 1200(cobalt now)

I didn't like the nano's from Koralia and the bigger power heads IMO are very bulky looking and take up a lot of space in such a small tank.

I ended up going with a MP10 from Vortech.

Now with all that said IF your looking to do a basic setup with easy corals and don't feel like getting too expensive then the nano's will work. I have plenty of friends that use then. It is a good idea to get two of them.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hi conflict. How you been? I'm getting all my stuff for the biocube 29 little at a time as its all expensive. I'm trying to do it right the first time. Can you tell me how much live sand I will need for my tank? Thanks so much.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Hi conflict. How you been? I'm getting all my stuff for the biocube 29 little at a time as its all expensive. I'm trying to do it right the first time. Can you tell me how much live sand I will need for my tank? Thanks so much.
Haha it's convict not conflict. Then again "conflict" does fit me also lol

15-20 pounds of sand is plenty and will give you a good size sand bed. I had 25 pounds but I like pistol shrimp and gobys etc. they seem happier with a larger sand bed.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Oh I'm so sorry with the name. This dam phone is too small for my fingers lol. Ok so about 20lbs. That will give me what about 2" sand bed? I will be ordering some premium Fiji uncured live rock from premium aquatics which you recommended very soon. I'm ordering 30lbs. Good you think? Will be using it ti cycle the tank. Taken bio balls out and put some rubble in there if there is any in shipment and i ordered the intank media basket you also recommended. I have my salt(tropic Marin) n powerhead already. I'm peace mealing it because I dnt have too much extra money these days. Your a great help to all of us I hope you know this. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

How you been Convict?

Tags
bio, biocube, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com