Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-07-2004, 11:50 AM   #11
Not to rain on your purchase but AFAIK (could be wrong), blue toadstools do not occur naturally. Any chance you can post a pic?

It sounds like it might actually be a Nephtheis sp. aka Lollipop tunicate or Blue Palm

Old 11-07-2004, 09:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can't post a real pick because my cam is busted..... I did notice something strange today though.... the toadstools reproduce by budding from the base correct????? Well it looks as if this thing is budding from surface... as if part of the surface is going to detach ..... underneath one part of the surface there seems to be a small second stalk..... and it's not attached all that well ... it seems as if it's separating from the rest of the "surface"...... any ideas.... does this sound like one of the things you were speaking of?????

c0mf0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:07 AM   #13
The species I was refering to has a more tappered crown. It looks much like a morel mushroom rather than the wide head of a portabella. Toadstools do bud from the base but they will also split top down it just takes much longer.

toad, tool

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com