New user, some live rock problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sammyman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This looks like a nice site. I have had a reef tank for quite some time.

However, the live rock has been looking kind of sick recently. When I looked closer, I noticed that the live rock has little white rings in the shady parts of the rock. I don't know what is wrong, but some of the live rock kind of looks like it is being eaten. I don't know if this is a natural thing. Anyone have any experience with this?

Welcome to AA! :smilecolros: Yep. Nice site.

These folks may need a lot more info to help you. How old is the tank? Inhabitants?
Lighting? You got real shady, dark areas? How's the water flow in those areas? Describe what you mean by "recently".

Got pics?

Ok. I got a snowflake moray, radiata lion, purple tang, green chromis, maroon clown, brain coral, leather coral, plate coral, live sand and 55 lbs of live rock. I also have a single compact flourecence. Does that help?

It does not sound like you have enough light to support the coraline algea/corals/sponges that may have been on the LR. How big is the tank? If you want good long-term health of your corals I would consider up-grading your lighting to at least CF.

Any way to get a pic?? How is the rest of the tank doing? The LR in the light how is that? Any Urchins? White rings or more of a dot.

Back
Top Bottom