NEWBY Im a little confused and neew help with my fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
would it be possible to change the false perculas for yellowstripe marron clownfish. just wondering if i cant i like both lol

I think you would find it difficult to keep a pair of maroons in that small a tank, if you were to get one, I would not try to create a pair, I would buy them already paired up. You should also understand maroons get very large and you would have to upgrade tank size before too long, whether you went with a 20 or a 30.

o ok well then ill just stick with the false perculas. like i said i didnt care which one i got i just like paried clowns. so i tihnk i will stick with the 2 false perculas. could i also have the pygmy angel with that in a 20 or the fireball angelfish. these angels wont nip at live rock will they just the coral right.

Yes, more than likely, I've never known cherubs to nip corals or otherwise, they can be a bit bullish, so should be one of the last fish added. Same with the "fireball", if it is a brazillian flameback it should be fine, the last African flame back I had, like to nip at SPS corals, but really din't bother the LR too much.

hey i just asked my mom. she said no. but im still gonna research and that way if and when i do get my new aquarium for my fw i can ask her again adn hopefully she will say yes becuz i will have an extra tank lol. but if i am allowed in the next few mothns prolly like march april i will stock my tank with dead snad and allow my (15-20lbs) LR seed it during the cycle. i am not going to have a cycle just do the weekly or once every 2 weks water changes. i am also going to use the ac 200 with a acph 301 wouold one b enough. i think i am going to stock the tank with 2 false percuals and a royal gramma. lets hope next time i ask i am allowed lol. still give me info becuz i still think it is interesting.

thanks for the help
Ryan

sry i forgot i will also be prolly gettin a new heater, i was thinkin a 150 w submersible or sumthin. i also think my mom thinks it is going to b really expensive and i think that might b y she said no. i think if i can bring cxosts down quite a bit i might b allowed(just for strting up stuff LR, LS (dead sand) heater Powerheads, etc. not for the stand or fish.

also will 150 b enough

thanks for all the help, let hope next time i ask i will b allowed.

iwas also thinking if im allowed to, that say i go to a lfs in a month or so, if i knowim allowed and know wat to get i think i might start buying stuff slowly so it isnt so expensive all at once, cuzi couldn buy the ph, then maybe a new heater, and hydrometer, test kits(if they last long) and the dead sand from hd.

would it b okay to do that or does sum of that stuff not last long if not in tank .

would it b okay to do that or does sum of that stuff not last long if not in tank .

Yes, you can buy and store your drygoods until you get permission to start your tank.

Just a question, do you have an after school job? Sometimes taking on some responsibility and sticking to it, will convince your parents that you are mature enough to undertake the responsibility of a SW fish tank. It's a good experience for you as well and you make money to spend on your fish tank, parents love it when their kids can buy their own aquarium stuff ;)

yup i have my own job. i make about 200-400 dollars a month, but i put some away into a savings account for school and car. so it ends up being like 300 sumtimes. im gonna say it will help me in my science class to lol hopefully it will persuade them lol.

do u think those 3 fish will be too much of a bioload on my tnak without a skimmer

also for a hydrometer should i get an expensive one, cheap or in the middle.

seachem multi test marine basic

SeaChem is a good kit, but I prefer Salifert.

do u think those 3 fish will be too much of a bioload on my tnak without a skimmer

Which three fish in which tank, we have discussed several. I did not propose any lists that I thought would over stock your tank.

wilson said:
also for a hydrometer should i get an expensive one, cheap or in the middle.
If you can afford it, I would definately suggest an Auto Temp Correcting (ATC) Refractometer. Barring that, I would go with the DeepSix hydrometer.

ummm the 2 false perculas and the royal gramma, i dont know if we discussed them lol. also do u know if n e of this is good from here
For the 20 gal, I think this would be fine providing you follow through with the purchase of the LR. These 3 fish in a 20 gal would definately be the limit though and you will need to be vigilant with weekly water changes and other manitenance.

Try these guys instead. I think you will get better value :wink:

http://saltwaterconnection.com/rock.html

Cheers
Steve

the only reason i put thats ite was becuz it was canadian. also if i start with sya 10 lbs LR and then move up slowly throughout the cycle woyuld that b ok or do u suggest getting it all at once.

hey i also just learned that my light is about 12 watts or a bit more or sumthin is that alright for a fowlr

Back
Top Bottom