NEWBY Im a little confused and neew help with my fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so is the eggcrate stuff cheap

yep

i am alos going to look 4 that southdown sand, will any aragonite sand wrk.

I do not believe it is available in canada, but it seems the canadians are using a sand called Bomix, or something like that.

i will just do weekly water changes about 10% or so hows that sound

That should work fine.

wont need any types of fan with that specific lighting will i because it is just fluorescent

Unless it has a tendency to get real hot in your house, I think it should be fine.

i was also just wondering if i would be able to use my ac 200 as a fuge and maybe stick my heater in it and one day if i ever were to get a skimmer could i stick that in there. i ahve heard of people using the ac 500 as one but i was wondering if mine would wrk the same.

wilson said:
i was also just wondering if i would be able to use my ac 200 as a fuge and maybe stick my heater in it and one day if i ever were to get a skimmer could i stick that in there. i ahve heard of people using the ac 500 as one but i was wondering if mine would wrk the same.
I dont' think that will work all that well given the dimensions of the filter.

Hagen said:
Each filter measures approximately 4-1/4" deep (which extends 3" behind the tank) x 7" W x 6" H.

shouold i get an expensive 150 w heater or anyone would b fine
We discussed that back >>here<< :wink:

Cheers
Steve

what if i were to upgrade it up to a ac 500 and then switch the two parts that spin(motor i guess lol) then would i be abelt o do it, if its not expesnive and if i have the money. just trying to get lots of ideas, who knows i might not end up getting it as a fuge. just keep everything in the open lol. wat would u suggest

maybe i jjust wont use one as that just keep my ac 200 as flow lol

they seem like they might be more of a pain then help lol

Wilson, time to slow down a little ;) We are very pleased to see you doing research, but for every answer we give you, you ask us 3 or 4 new ones. It's wearing us down a bit. How bout asking a question, and then waiting for the answer before posting more questions in the same thread, The last thing I want to do is discourage you, or make you feel like we don't want to help, or that your questions aren't important, we just need a little rest.

k thnaks for the tip. dont wnat my tip givers to get angry or n e thing lol. u guys have great information and im really glad i found this site. i just wirte sumthin and then i think of sumthin i should have asked, plus id prolly forget it if i dint write it down lol. thnaks for the input, ill slow down, i stilll have to tlak my mom into letting my convert my fw n e ways, and i have to wait till it gets warmer to get my new fw czu my freind doesnt want to move it in the cold. Thanks for all the advice and i will try to slow down. if i get too fast again just let me know like u did there and i will try to pace myself and my questions lol.

thanks
Ryan

Not mad at all, like I said, we are very pleased to see a young man taking the initiative to learn before doing it, just getting a little overwhelmed.

also if i cant find any play sand or LS thats in a bag with water, could i just buy the sand from the LFS that they sell. it would wrk the smae as dead sand wouldnt it and just become more live with the LR.

Thanks for all the advice

i was just wonderin if i would b albe to use two of these on my tank as lighting and then the eggcrate stuff underneath them. i am still looking around for lighting that will hole two bulbs, i am going to try calling my lfs tongiht or friday night prolly becuz i wrk tomorrow night.

Yes, but you will need two of them. Those fixtures only hold one bulb per fixture.

also if i cant find any play sand or LS thats in a bag with water, could i just buy the sand from the LFS that they sell. it would wrk the smae as dead sand wouldnt it and just become more live with the LR.

Yes you can, but it is not necessary to waste your money on the wet sand, the dry sand will become just as bioactive in time.

im gonna try and see if my mom will take me to an lfs tonight to see if ican look at some prices and stuff thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom