Newly purchased Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably wasn't any need for iodine and calcium supplement though

Really I used purple up just because I wanted purple algae, just found out the other day that it has supplement lol

Go slow you will get Coraline algae eventually... You're like me want everything right now lol

Check out the link Tony posted... There is another one if I can find it

Its just a hair high. I would try to keep it at 420. When you do water changes you put nutrients back in the water so in all reality you probably don't.need to dose anything.

I just read a post here is what that person said. You should not add anything to the water you cannot test yourself.

Good point IMO. I wouldn't rely on lfs testing. I know it costs money to buy liquid tests but they will pay off in the long run cause all out takes is one bad reading by lfs and your replacing all your live stock ya know

I came to the conclusion that I was not shaking my tube enough between each drop. After I shook a few times I started seeing actual results. I'm gonna go one more time just to be sure

Its just a hair high. I would try to keep it at 420. When you do water changes you put nutrients back in the water so in all reality you probably don't.need to dose anything.

I just read a post here is what that person said. You should not add anything to the water you cannot test yourself.

Good point IMO. I wouldn't rely on lfs testing. I know it costs money to buy liquid tests but they will pay off in the long run cause all out takes is one bad reading by lfs and your replacing all your live stock ya know

I some own tests, I only go once a week to the LFS just to verify mine are accurate

Ok yeah I had trouble at first but once you get used to them they are easy

I use api liquid kits
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
High range ph
Kh
Calcium
Phosphates

that's basically all the api kits lol

Ok yeah I had trouble at first but once you get used to them they are easy

I use api liquid kits
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
High range ph
Kh
Calcium
Phosphates

that's basically all the api kits lol

There we go, third test concludes it I'm at 460. I do my own ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and pH. But like I said, once a wk I visit the LFS and he double checks. Now I do phosphate and calcium lol. I do my tests every day since I got the corals, looks like ill have to expand my spread sheet to include results for other tests lol. I use that to track

I have a excel sheet I print out.
Has spot for
Time, date, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, specific gravity, kh, calcium, phosphates, and notes

oh and temp too

Pretty cool. I wish I could do something like that on my Android phone.

You can if you have quickoffice. I have it on both my android and my iPad, but I maintain records on my iPad.

Lol ya it's a bit expensive. I use it for school and everything else too, I guess it just depends on how much you use it

That and I'm a big fan of e docs. I don't have anything paper, can't stand it lol

Back
Top Bottom