Newly purchased Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I bought quick office pro

Hahaha, and yes you can, in the bottom right hand corner you should see an icon looks like a page with a plus sign connect to it, if you click that it'll bring up a list of docs to create

One of them is really trying now! Been peeking out little by little since lastnight, hoping that it will fully bloom. If it does than its one down and two to go lol

Attachments

• image-2785414102.jpg
    image-2785414102.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 39
That's good

ok now it's been 24 hours and this is how that Duncan looks. Do you think it's safe to assume this is what it looks like when it's fully blossomed? I was expecting the tentacles to be more spread....

Attachments

• image-3606995687.jpg
    image-3606995687.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 60
Kinda hard to tell but it looks ok to me. right now mine is closed up. Give it time it will come around it should open where you can see the "mouth"

Kinda hard to tell but it looks ok to me. right now mine is closed up. Give it time it will come around it should open where you can see the "mouth"

hats what I was expecting to see, so far it seems to be covering it up, but I can see the tentacles swinging n the water flow. That tells me I have adequate flow at the very least.

What kind of lighting do you have over your system? Secondly, your tests are showing 0 because the algae growing in your tank is consuming it, ie the stuff seen in your substrate. One of these 2 is the reason your coral aren't opening, possibly from parameter shock if they weren't acclimated to the new levels. The thing about ordering coral, as all of the coral I own have come through the mail, is that they are stressed upon arrival. They need to be acclimated slowly over several hours to avoid stress, both to water parameters and lighting. Imagine coming out of a completely dark, highly air conditioned hotel room onto the pool deck on a bright sunny day and being pushed into the pool.

What kind of lighting do you have over your system? Secondly, your tests are showing 0 because the algae growing in your tank is consuming it, ie the stuff seen in your substrate. One of these 2 is the reason your coral aren't opening, possibly from parameter shock if they weren't acclimated to the new levels. The thing about ordering coral, as all of the coral I own have come through the mail, is that they are stressed upon arrival. They need to be acclimated slowly over several hours to avoid stress, both to water parameters and lighting. Imagine coming out of a completely dark, highly air conditioned hotel room onto the pool deck on a bright sunny day and being pushed into the pool.

I have a marine land capable LED. It's a 27 LED lighting system. I took about 2 hours acclimating them but I did not turn off my aquarium light when I started acclimating. It was brought to my attention that I should have shut off the light prior to acclimation. During the acclimation though, they were peaking out a little bit. Wen I first introduced them into the tank I put them under open light. I moved them a few days later to some shadier areas and I started to see results, as you see... These results are VERY slow. I finally have one Duncan that its starting to blossom quite well. The gorgonian has only had one or two polyps show at one time then retracted. The other Duncan peeks out from time to time but won't extend like the other one has. I did notice the change in the other Duncan that is actually showing results didn't happen until lastnight when I completely turned off my light over night.

Back
Top Bottom