Newly purchased Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, sadly there is one issue. The coral you are keeping will require more light than those marinelands put out. Them being reef capable is a straight lie. I've watched my LFS buy into them, saying they worked, and literally murder coral they have had in their store for years. Was very sad. If you are looking at keeping this type of lps coral, you should look into investing in a smaller t5ho unit, something that puts out more lighting. Luckily for you, duncans are very hardy coral and should do well even if the parameters aren't perfect.

Well, sadly there is one issue. The coral you are keeping will require more light than those marinelands put out. Them being reef capable is a straight lie. I've watched my LFS buy into them, saying they worked, and literally murder coral they have had in their store for years. Was very sad. If you are looking at keeping this type of lps coral, you should look into investing in a smaller t5ho unit, something that puts out more lighting. Luckily for you, duncans are very hardy coral and should do well even if the parameters aren't perfect.

Im sorry your LFS had so much trouble, I'm not sure when he bought it but I can assure you my light is sufficient, and then some. This is not only proven by the fact that I had to move my corals to shadier areas just to get a peek of a blossom out of them, but it does perfectly well with my pagoda cup and I also housed a carpet anemone for two years in which it doubled in size before I traded it because it kept eating my fish. I don't mean to disregard your opinion I believe everyone has an opinion that is valued. but in this case my own personal experience counters it. Your not the first person to tell me that so I would assume at one point it was all true and people just stopped buying them. But mine works perfectly.

Kinda hard to tell but it looks ok to me. right now mine is closed up. Give it time it will come around it should open where you can see the "mouth"

So both of my Duncans have fully opened and they are doing great. The gorgonian hasn't opened yet, so liveaquaria agreed to give my warranty another week and if it still doesn't open, they will replace it.

Back
Top Bottom