Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-25-2004, 11:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

newly shipped anemone not looking good

i recently had a bubble tip shipped to me because i was tired of waiting for my lfs to get one in. But when he came in he wasnt in good shape. He has something hanging from him that seems like his insides or guts. After acclimiation he lays flat on his tentacle side and moves a little bit but not much life. He has all of his tentacles shriveled and he sometimes inflates his foot but remains on his tentacle side down. He doesnt seem capable to right himself up so what should i do? Should i try to move him physically or can he flip over?please reply any answer or personal experiences will be helpful thank you

Old 05-25-2004, 11:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think you should be able to move him. I have moved mine, as long as he is not "attached" to anything. By what you have said it seems he is not. I just gently turn him into your hans with the "foot" down in the palm, and then place him on or near a rock crevice and kida "slide" him off your hand so the he will be sitting in the upright position. I would direct any current toward him at first until he settles in on a spot, otherwise you may just blow him off the spot and you will be back where you started from.

I hope this will help and I hope I am telling you the right thing to do. This is what I have done in the past and had no problem. I have done it 2 times. I hope your little guy makes it.

Good luck.

Mike

5-6 Inch Sand Bed-200+ lbs of LR
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 12:10 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks but what about the, im gonna call it the intestine looking like stuff that seems to be hanging out of him i have never heard of anything like it but i know it cant be good. Does anyone have an idea?
Old 05-26-2004, 12:18 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That has never happened to me. I do remember a post about that somewhere....you may want to do a search in the forums for it.
5-6 Inch Sand Bed-200+ lbs of LR
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 12:51 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

http://home.att.net/~karenssaltwater...ID-697114.html

kidkameleon3 posted this link on another forum, good info on it.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:48 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

One of mine did the same thing, Give it some time and keep an eye on it. I had two shipped one that looked great and one about the same as you described, The next day the great one was dead and the sick one had flowered out and is still looking good 2 month`s later. I did make a hole in the sand and place mine right side up and let them move to their liking. If the stuff your talking about is a slime coming off the body then it should be alright, mine had a heavy slim coat for about three days while getting over the roller coaster ride to Florida . I`m new to the hobby this is just what i`ve seen in my tank, best of luck...

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com