newly shipped anemone not looking good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarin man

Aquarium Advice Regular
i recently had a bubble tip shipped to me because i was tired of waiting for my lfs to get one in. But when he came in he wasnt in good shape. He has something hanging from him that seems like his insides or guts. After acclimiation he lays flat on his tentacle side and moves a little bit but not much life. He has all of his tentacles shriveled and he sometimes inflates his foot but remains on his tentacle side down. He doesnt seem capable to right himself up so what should i do? Should i try to move him physically or can he flip over?please reply any answer or personal experiences will be helpful thank you

I think you should be able to move him. I have moved mine, as long as he is not "attached" to anything. By what you have said it seems he is not. I just gently turn him into your hans with the "foot" down in the palm, and then place him on or near a rock crevice and kida "slide" him off your hand so the he will be sitting in the upright position. I would direct any current toward him at first until he settles in on a spot, otherwise you may just blow him off the spot and you will be back where you started from.

I hope this will help and I hope I am telling you the right thing to do. This is what I have done in the past and had no problem. I have done it 2 times. I hope your little guy makes it.

Good luck.

Mike

Thanks but what about the, im gonna call it the intestine looking like stuff that seems to be hanging out of him i have never heard of anything like it but i know it cant be good. Does anyone have an idea?

That has never happened to me. I do remember a post about that somewhere....you may want to do a search in the forums for it.

One of mine did the same thing, Give it some time and keep an eye on it. I had two shipped one that looked great and one about the same as you described, The next day the great one was dead and the sick one had flowered out and is still looking good 2 month`s later. I did make a hole in the sand and place mine right side up and let them move to their liking. If the stuff your talking about is a slime coming off the body then it should be alright, mine had a heavy slim coat for about three days while getting over the roller coaster ride to Florida :roll: . I`m new to the hobby this is just what i`ve seen in my tank, best of luck...

Back
Top Bottom