Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2004, 06:04 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

We have AquaClear PH's and had them positioned on rocks in such a way that we didn't think she could get in there... wrong. We now have sponges under them. It was so depressing. She looked great and was eating tons... had a great personality to boot

Our new one, named Peekaboo, looks very healthy but hides all of the time. She is starting to "peek" out a bit and occasionally relocates to a new hiding spot in the tank. We are very concered about her lack of eating though.

Old 03-10-2004, 06:48 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks michaelprater, it was getting late. Don't mix tangs in a tank that size. Watch the blue tank, he'll get big!

Old 03-10-2004, 08:21 PM   #13

I have a 125, and keep 4 tangs. 3 yellows, and 1 palani, I have no problems with aggression. On another forum everyone said I would end up with one. That was almost 6 months ago, and there still going strong. As far as that PH it kind of seems strange. Not saying it couldn't happen, but maybe it died and then was sucked onto it. Also if this one doesn't make it, I would have to suggest you getting a medium regal. There hardiness, and tank suitability increases with their size, and the small ones generally eat off the rocks on alage. If it still wont eat algae sheets off a ruberbanded rock, I would soak some in garlic. It may entice its appetite, and get the little guy eating. I hope he makes it.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:50 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Woohoo! My wife just called... she came out to eat this morning!!! She didn't go after the nori but she did go after some other stuff she put in there (some frozen food... a few different kinds I think).
Old 03-11-2004, 02:15 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
If she is shy, she is probably eating off the rocks when you are not looking. All my hippo does is graze all day long.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:46 PM   #16

Just because it is eating dosen't mean hes safe yet. It is great news though Just keep feeding foods high in alage content, and vitamin C. Best of luck witht the little guy.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:00 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hey, it's the first day in the last six we have actually witnessed her eating. I got a good look at her this morning and she looks great. Good color, clean fins etc. I think she's raiding the fridge in the middle of the night

Quote:
If she is shy, she is probably eating off the rocks when you are not looking.
She's not going to find much food in the 2 sq inch hiding spot she's in.

Thanks for the word of encouragemnt guys!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com