Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2004, 01:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Next fish?

We have a baby regal/hippo tang and he's going to need a tank mate soon. We would like to get a clown of some flavor if there is one that will cohabitate... not just with the tang but other fairly passive fish down the road. Are there any clowns that would fit the bill?

FO tank btw.

If no, then any other suggestions would be welcome.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:42 PM   #2
steve-s

False pers (ocellaris) and pink skunk clowns would fit the bill on the more peaceful side of things. I would suggest getting a pair if possible. They are much more active and will adjust better than a sole fish.

Is this for the 75 gal?

Cheers
Steve
Old 03-08-2004, 06:47 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Is this for the 75 gal?
Yep
Old 03-09-2004, 07:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well, False Perculas are good, as long as they are pairs, otherwise they will be picked on. Introduce them at the same time. Another good fish might be a yellow tang and maybe 3 green chromis. If you still feel incomplete, I would add a flame angel. I belive this to be a great stocking list, and i think that they are all compatible but you should check and research them. Check out wetwebmedia.com and e-mail me on whatever fish you decide on. E-mail me at my forum name at yahoo.com. Have fun! I'm still saving!
Old 03-10-2004, 02:32 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Going to the lfs is getting expensive 8O . We ended up getting a False Perculas (Ocellaris) pair, 5 small Green Chromis, a new pump for the wet/dry and a protien skimmer.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:35 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaumun
Well, False Perculas are good, as long as they are pairs, otherwise they will be picked on. Introduce them at the same time. Another good fish might be a yellow tang and maybe 3 green chromis. If you still feel incomplete, I would add a flame angel. I belive this to be a great stocking list, and i think that they are all compatible but you should check and research them. Check out wetwebmedia.com and e-mail me on whatever fish you decide on. E-mail me at my forum name at yahoo.com. Have fun! I'm still saving!

All good advice, except for the Yellow Tang part. One tang is a 75 is penty. Adding another could cause overstocking problems. Not to mention the tangs may not get along.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:54 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
All good advice, except for the Yellow Tang part. One tang is a 75 is penty. Adding another could cause overstocking problems. Not to mention the tangs may not get along.
That was was our thinking as well. We wanted a Yellow Tang at first but when we saw the baby hippo tang we opted to drop the yellow tang idea... unless the hippo doesn't make it, god forbid. She's quite the little hider and we have yet to witness her eating.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:26 PM   #8

Quote:
This girl has quite an appetite We moved the food to a decorative coral that she's hanging out around and it didn't take her long to start attacking the food.
Form a previous post, you said it had been eating. Regals are very bad with HLLE, and fin rot. Also your tank is to small to house it when it gets larger.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:35 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

Nope, we lost the first one to a poorly protected PH intake. Made us absolutly sick to our tummies... still does. We are now sufficeintly baby proofed.

As far as the size... My wifes brother has a monster reef tank (350 or 400 gal I think) that would make a nice home for her when the time comes.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:45 PM   #10

Sorry to hear that you lost the first one..PH's can be a bit brutal on unsuspecting little fish and inverts.. Hope the new does good for you.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com