Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-31-2004, 07:47 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wanted some additional volume, room for reef rubble, and more flitration so I could have less hardware in the tank. It's working out beautifully.

Mike

Old 12-31-2004, 09:17 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I feel that i have bad luck with fish ... there is no fish in my main tank but a atiny damsel i brought my lion to the store the trigger died... i might just drain my whole tank and start over.... i am so sad about the whole thing.... i feel that i did something wrong i have had 4 fish die in the past 2 months. 2 triggers and 2 damsels.... i am sure my lion fish is dead the store owner said he prob wouldn't make it he had clamped fin or something....

Old 12-31-2004, 11:17 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Do lots of research before rebuilding your tank. Ask a lot of questions, and don't rush and get fish that need extra special care. Patience is key - although very difficult. Make sure you know how to test your water parameters, how to acclimate properly, what a qt is. Read, Read and then read some more.

Happy New Year
and good luck on your next attempt
55 gal. reef. Coralife lunar lights 4 x 65, 120 lbs live rock. Remora skimmer, 3 power heads. 2 tank raise false percula,2 pajama cardinal,hermits, snails, Xenia, leathers, mushrooms, polyp frags, yellow sea cucumber, And last but not least - the miserable mantis.
Terry
stusclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 06:45 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

And most importantly, check back here often to ask questions. This should help keep the frustration down. It took many years of research and testing before any of us got it down to a science. Don't give up on the hobby. 8)

Mike
Old 01-05-2005, 01:14 AM   #15

it was really weird i was cleaning my tank today by scrubing the sides with a sponge and all of a sudden this red thing floats up it was a bug of some sort i guess it fell in or i don't know what.... it wasn't a crab or anything...
Old 01-05-2005, 01:16 AM   #16

and my live rock seems to be falling apart i see little chunks broken off next to it???? what is that about?

Tags
cloud, cloudy, cloudy eye, eye, niger

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com