Niger Triger with cloudy eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masonsmom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My niger triger has a cloudy eye i saw him scratching it on the rocks a lot... what is wrong with him?

He died yesterday... I got my water tested and i have some disease in my tank and i went to the pet store and they gave me some blue stuff to put in there to see if it will get rid of it but thanks for everyone's help!

masonsmom said:
He died yesterday... I got my water tested and i have some disease in my tank and i went to the pet store and they gave me some blue stuff to put in there to see if it will get rid of it but thanks for everyone's help!

Never heard of a disease test for SW.

they gave you some "Blue stuff" 8O

ummmm sounds strange.

bet they just assumed you have ich and gave you meds to treat the tank.

I wouldnt treat the main tank with meds and I wouldnt add meds to any water unless I knew what the med was and that you actually have what it treats

Good Luck.

Yes, please don't treat the main tank with anything. 8O
That can be a disaster.
What is this stuff they gave you?
To rid the main of a parasite, all fish need to be removed to a proper qt tank and the main tank be left fishless for a 6 week period. That will do the trick and not do any damage to your main.
What other fish do you have in there?

Sorry to hear about your loss. I love my Niger. Do you know what the name of the blue stuff was that you put into your tank? Kurt is right about not adding any treatment chemicals to your main tank. It could do more harm than good, especially if you have any inverts in there.

Mike

Salttanker I was reading your profile and it looks like you have a bigger sump thank your thank how is that working out for you? Also let me know if it is a refugium or just a sump. Hope to hear form you.

I wanted some additional volume, room for reef rubble, and more flitration so I could have less hardware in the tank. It's working out beautifully.

Mike

I feel that i have bad luck with fish ... there is no fish in my main tank but a atiny damsel i brought my lion to the store the trigger died... i might just drain my whole tank and start over.... i am so sad about the whole thing.... i feel that i did something wrong i have had 4 fish die in the past 2 months. 2 triggers and 2 damsels.... i am sure my lion fish is dead the store owner said he prob wouldn't make it he had clamped fin or something.... :(

Do lots of research before rebuilding your tank. Ask a lot of questions, and don't rush and get fish that need extra special care. Patience is key - although very difficult. Make sure you know how to test your water parameters, how to acclimate properly, what a qt is. Read, Read and then read some more.

Happy New Year :angel:
and good luck on your next attempt

And most importantly, check back here often to ask questions. This should help keep the frustration down. It took many years of research and testing before any of us got it down to a science. Don't give up on the hobby. 8)

Mike

it was really weird i was cleaning my tank today by scrubing the sides with a sponge and all of a sudden this red thing floats up it was a bug of some sort i guess it fell in or i don't know what.... it wasn't a crab or anything...

and my live rock seems to be falling apart i see little chunks broken off next to it???? what is that about?

Back
Top Bottom