NIger Trigger having eating problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
I noticed about 10-12 days ago that our Niger trigger began to hide. assuming the worst, and being through it before, I decided to just give him a chance to get through it himelf. he has since started to swim out in the open more and more everyday. hes gotten to the point where he willingly chases food and even takes pieces in, but it seems as though theres something wrong with his jaw. he can open and close it, but it seems as though theres no control. weird part is that hes maintaining his size and doesn't appear starved or skinny. my question is does anyone have any clue whats going on?? info to consider is as follows.

125g dt with 55g refugium.
amm-0
trites-0
trates-20
sg-1.024
temp-80

he also has no physical damage, all fins are intact and healthy. eyes are clear and he still moves them. all other fish in the tank are healthy as well and theres no sign of any disease.

I noticed about 10-12 days ago that our Niger trigger began to hide. assuming the worst, and being through it before, I decided to just give him a chance to get through it himelf. he has since started to swim out in the open more and more everyday. hes gotten to the point where he willingly chases food and even takes pieces in, but it seems as though theres something wrong with his jaw. he can open and close it, but it seems as though theres no control. weird part is that hes maintaining his size and doesn't appear starved or skinny. my question is does anyone have any clue whats going on?? info to consider is as follows.

125g dt with 55g refugium.
amm-0
trites-0
trates-20
sg-1.024
temp-80

he also has no physical damage, all fins are intact and healthy. eyes are clear and he still moves them. all other fish in the tank are healthy as well and theres no sign of any disease.

Maybe something that affects them mentally? I'm not sure what it could be as I've never experienced anything like that before.

Back
Top Bottom