Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
nipped fins and scratches!!!!!

hello once again, today i noticed that my tank became a fighting ring my fire fish who used to get along really well have been fighting each other and their tails have been nipped but still hang together, my hippo tang looks like if it got scratches all over he is about inch and 1/2 long and my royal gramma also has some nipped fins is there any medication i can give them so their scratches and fins heal faster, and will they grow back???????????????? and i forgot to say that they eat nomal just like when they had normal fins and scratches

Old 10-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to match55 Send a message via MSN to match55 Send a message via Yahoo to match55
lol today is an offical firefish fighting day.
my firefishes also nipping others firefish fins off this morning LOL
when I was feeding, one of them even try to take a bite of my neon goby's tail OoO

Old 10-12-2009, 03:35 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
they were going at it kind of like bettas but then they calmed down and relaxed and did their normal duties until they fought again and the funny thing is that one of them is slightly bigger and the bigger one is the one that gets bit up most of the time
Old 10-12-2009, 05:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to match55 Send a message via MSN to match55 Send a message via Yahoo to match55
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahamavelar View Post
they were going at it kind of like bettas but then they calmed down and relaxed and did their normal duties until they fought again and the funny thing is that one of them is slightly bigger and the bigger one is the one that gets bit up most of the time
LOL same here
my biggest one got chase most of the time, but my smallest one's tail got nipped off a little~~ poor thing XP
and their back fin as well, two of them can see damages.

oh and when I turn off the light, the smaller one was chasing the bigger ones, I poked the glass, and scare it, the small one swim into a hole, and the bigger one followed LOL
really weird relationship right there.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I found this: Firefish - Fish Information Database - Nano-Reef.com
Aggressiveness
Peaceful to all other animals except conspecifics. Needs only passive tank mates (passive gobies and blennies, small jawfish, and fish that tend to ignore other small fish like Chromis). Dottybacks, dwarf angels, damsels, wrasses, hawks, puffers, and triggers would be in most cases too much for these fish. Large anemones may eat them. They are extremely intolerant of others in the same genus. It is best to keep singly or male/female pairs. Groups can be made of only 5 fish or more, but each fish needs 20 gal each and so are unsuitable for nano reefs.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks for the help, is there anything that i can give them so they heal faster
Old 10-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

You'd have to remove the animal and treat in a Nitrofurazone bath; otherwise, extra water changes and keep a varied nutritional diet and you should be ok.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I agree

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fins

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com