no ich marine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revenant_06

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Found this product, no ich marine. It says its a safe treatment to use with inverts and corals. Has anyone on here used it before? What treatment is most common and effective to cure ich. I'm stuck between the no ich marine or merdel coppersafe...using coppersafe would be more of a pain in the *** but the ultimate goal is to get rid of ich not necessarily cut corners

I m leery of cooper treatments, even if I use less TGIF the dose recommended it kills my fish. I am using hypo salinity now and my fish is slowly getting better. I am still trying to figure out how to treat my dt though. Wish the best

Copper or hypo are the only proven ways to CURE Ich. Do one of these in a QT and leave the DT fallow for six weeks. Not fun, but you end up with an Ich-free DT and your fish are as well. NOTHING else will do this. You can read numerous articles all over the Internet to back this up. The other stiff you buy in stores may speed up the Ich in dropping off your fish (but its still alive and well in your sand and rocks) and/or help ithe fish heal quicker...maybe even build strength for immune system (garlic), but you still have Ich alive in the tank and/or on your fish (you can't always see it) and it will eventually come back, often stronger.

That's your "not cutting corners" solution. :). I see the other posts where people have pointed this out to you. Trust us. Do this and you are good. Any other method will not work. There is no simple solution for Ich.

Back
Top Bottom