no ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juskeepswiming

Aquarium Advice Activist
dont know if you guys already knew about this one...Its called no ich, its invertabrate safe. Ive dumped it into my tank that contains LR, LS starfish,crabs, shrimp,corals and many other things and the ich is going away with NO damage to any of the inverts. Ill post any reponses just in case it was the ich going through a cycle.

PS it is a bit expensive, but what in saltwater isnt?

Is it about 15 dollars? Is the bottle set up where you can measure out the ounces without pouring? Does it take about 2 weeks? If so, I've used this. It's good at catching Ich early, but if it's used later it isn't as effective.

No ick aka Ecolibrium is a stabalized rare earth product. Although it may be helping you in this instance, this product is not new to the market and equally hit and miss as the rest of the commercially touted "reef safe" treatments. I do definately hope the product works for you but I would not suggest hailing it's praises on just the one use. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Steve,
Is that the same type of product as Kick ich? I have seen that around as well..seemd like it was too good to be true.

Hara said:
Steve,
Is that the same type of product as Kick ich? I have seen that around as well..seemd like it was too good to be true.
They are almost identical AFAIK.

Cheers
Steve

Brenden said:
Does anyone with ich problems run a UV?
UV's do not eliminate the parasite, merely slow down the spread of the theront. At best your looking at an equilibrium of fish and parasite. You will more commonly never be rid of it unless a proper methodology is implemented.

Cheers
Steve

I've used the kick ich product with success. I just had to use it for twice as long as they suggest. Back to back treatments.

I was just wondering? Does anyone with ich problems run a UV?
Yup I use a big one full time, didn't slow it down in my system one bit.
QT is still the best and olny real answer IME.

I use a UV on my system too. I've still seen ich in my main on 3 separate days, roughly 3 weeks apart. I haven't seen it in about 6 weeks now. Hopefully my PT is over his stress.

I would not suggest hailing it's praises on just the one use
like i said, ill post with any results or effects and ive been using it for a week. As far as price goes the LFS charged a whopping $40 for the larger 64oz. it has built-in measure cup in which you squeeze the side containing the product into the other half. And on another note I dont see Ecolibrium written anywhere on the product, perhaps a different product or brand/name change :?

Back
Top Bottom