Noooooooo.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briandh76

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well came home from work today and heard a strange buzzing saound coming from my tank. After looking for a sec I realized that it was my powerhead and that my condy condy anemone was stuck in it.

My question is this. Is this going to be a problem with anemones? Or is just certian types that like to move around the tank?

Yes its a problem for all anemones. If anemones doesn't like where it located it will move to find a better spot. Please cover your intakes with a sponge so this doesn't happen again.

It is best to unplug the device and let the anemone free itself as to not cause any more damage. If the anemone is dead than it doesn't matter and just manual remove it.

Live and learn and RESEARCH the care required for all your live stock before purchasing

Well I knew that they moved around but I didn't relize that they would go that high up the side of the tank (the power head is like 3" below the water line). I will defintly get a sponge and cover that powerhead. What should I do for the intake to my fluval? The same with a sponge?

Yep, cover it as well. I lost a bta to a filter intake. If they can get into trouble, they will.

Back
Top Bottom