Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

What do you feed them? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

ich attack cures simple ich however, does not cure clown disease aka brooklynella; quick cure does.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well if that's what's going on then ya quick cure. They did say ich was the problem in the beginning it would make more since to recommend a cheap simple fix. I have treated bad cases of ich with ich attack and the more severe cases the bottle says to double your dose. If it wasnt ich I wouldn't recommend you use it since you don't treat vomiting with a cough drops.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:46 AM   #14

reality....disease for nemos are hard to gauge. is it ich; it looks like it cuz of the white dots. does nemo have labored breathing. did nemo stop eating after 1 day. try ich attack....if no changes in health by next day use quick cure immediately or death is certain. remember, best to place nemo in quarantine cuz if it is not ich parasite remains in mt approx over a month and will die; if you have fish most likely it will host/infect your fish bit not inverts. good luck to all of you
Old 08-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

well my two clowns didnt make it for the formalin treatment so now im going fishless for 8 weeks just to assure that nothing happens ......im thinking about after the 8 is up im going to order from liveaquaria ince the ave the thirty day guarentee ??

p.s i ordered some sweet bright green gsp from a fellow member in Florida and it didnt make the trip to cali....it didnt help that it was 105 here when it arrived
Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 AM   #16

remember for next time; if you did the dip method and put nemo back in mt then they were infected again. hope you had a quarantine tank to put them in after dip
Old 08-31-2011, 05:34 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry the fish died. Many advice (not all) here has been incorrect. There is no way you could cure the fish without quarantine never dose any meds in your tank especially not quick cure. It will kill corals, inverts, and most importantly BACTERIA! For the next time pick up a 10 or 20g to use as QT dose with quick cure 1 drop per gallon every day as well as 20-40% water changes every other day or so. After a week maybe less you can dose 2 drops per gallon. I hope this helped. Also almost every med that says "reef safe" doesn't work. I lost alot of fish trying to use that kind of med when I started SW but since I've quarantined ive lost 0 fish srry for ranting but I just thought it was needed here.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:11 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

I lost all my fish in my 210 display tank because of ich.
I put in a uv sterilizer and let tank run with just my corals and inverts for 8 weeks. I also cleaned my sand bed with regular water changes. I did not use any chemicals or treatments. No problems since.
I also use a QT now with canister filter. No sand because that is where the ich likes to hide when it is not killing your fish. When I am not using my QT I clean the canister filter with RODI water and let it soak in it for 24hrs. Then I hook it up and let it run off my sump on my display tank building up the bacteria in the bio media until needed again.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom760 View Post
remember for next time; if you did the dip method and put nemo back in mt then they were infected again. hope you had a quarantine tank to put them in after dip
yes i went out the very next day i found out and bought a 10 g with hob filter and an airstone/heater .....
Old 08-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksl1972 View Post
I lost all my fish in my 210 display tank because of ich.
I put in a uv sterilizer and let tank run with just my corals and inverts for 8 weeks. I also cleaned my sand bed with regular water changes. I did not use any chemicals or treatments. No problems since.
I also use a QT now with canister filter. No sand because that is where the ich likes to hide when it is not killing your fish. When I am not using my QT I clean the canister filter with RODI water and let it soak in it for 24hrs. Then I hook it up and let it run off my sump on my display tank building up the bacteria in the bio media until needed again.
ya i read no sand so i got a piece of pvc to put in there also .....i was going to dip in a 5g bucket .....

when my 8 weeks is up ......do you guys qt them before putting them in your mt ??? and how long do u qt for ??

Tags
clown, clowns

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com