Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_kaiser
I would do a small water change. You could add some amquel and the ammonia will come down but it does deplete some of the oxygen. When did you do a water change last?
At this point, with his current stock, ammonia and nitrate will be very high and it will eventually take a big water change about every 3 days to keep up. Then there is the space issues, and those tangs will not get along in a tiny tank like that.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ya I'm sorry but I do think 12 fish in a 34 gallon tank is to much. I have heard of some people keeping a heavily stocked smaller sized tanks before but the upkeep is alot of work. I would suggest about 6-7 fish in a tank that size. Unfortunately in saltwater it's all about bioload and what the BB can handle. The aggression issues from the earlier posts I think might just stem from being over stocked. If you do wish to keep this many you might want to pay someone to do your water changes every two days.... Hahaha lol

Old 08-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Regular

Oh No!!!! That's why I got stuck by changing water by myself 20% for every 2 days now. Maybe that's the reason why they all still alive today.

I probably re-homes my tangs to my girlfriend new's tank.

It's just morning here in Thailand...when I looking at these threads, I look around the Sleeper Gold Face Goby had jumped out from the tank. My another big lost. He just too adorable by eating the sand all over the place.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What are your nitrites right now? Just keep doing the water changes for now. Unfortunately, her tank is going to probably take a while to cycle through. Gobys are jumpers. That's sad. I'm sorry! Just keep up what you are doing and it will eventually subside.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Regular

I found what I made mistaken last night. I did some water change and forgot to push back the lighting system back in place, so It made a big space for Goby to jumped out.

Been a hectic 2 weeks for me...but thank you everyone for the advice!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The mini cycle will be gone soon. It's a pain but most of us have had it happen at least once if not more. This hobby is an ongoing learning experience it seems with every new addition you make to your tank. I've had saltwater fish on and off for years and I'm still learning and I still make mistakes. It's a challenge at times but I love it and I have learned a lot just by reading on this site!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Regular

To Nikki,

Totally agreed, learning new thing everyday. But I enjoy to take care of it, even though I still have busy schedule on my business here in Phuket, Thailand.

My main tank that I had been discussed is getting better as I removed 5 livestocks out, 2 to my girlfriend's tank and 3 to my un-used tank. Hope it will getting better soon like you said. Will keep you all posted on situation.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_kaiser
The mini cycle will be gone soon. It's a pain but most of us have had it happen at least once if not more. This hobby is an ongoing learning experience it seems with every new addition you make to your tank. I've had saltwater fish on and off for years and I'm still learning and I still make mistakes. It's a challenge at times but I love it and I have learned a lot just by reading on this site!
BTW,

Do you have a picture of your tank, Nikki? Or anyone else? Just want to see how my tank looks compare to others.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Here's mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2707645809.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	111910  
Old 08-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #50
Aquarium Advice Regular

Very nice composition setup! Here's mine...but I think still over crowded after re-house 2.5 inches livestocks x 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1503265971.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	111999  

Tags
ick, sick, sick fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com