Not sure whats wrong with my sps frag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelso

Aquarium Advice Freak
That spot started about a week ago. It got bigger and bigger for the first few days, but now it has stoped and he seems to look better then ever, on the outside edges. Anyone know whats wrong?

Attachments

• Photo_113DAF8E-31C3-AA0E-9D9A-AF0DB48AEC57.jpg
    Photo_113DAF8E-31C3-AA0E-9D9A-AF0DB48AEC57.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 121
Hmm i didnt even notice that Ray. Good point. And judging by his other pics there's alot more than just that one. Could be the problem.

I have a crap load of aiptasia, there is a whole thread about it. Im not sure now exactly how to get rid of them, using this aiptasia x I bought. The thread is called, how to get rid of these things. Any advice would help, dont want to damage my coral an more.

So whats going to happen with this RTN? Will it continue to spread, or just go away?

IF it is RTN, it will consume the coral. I'm no disease expert, but I'd try to frag a piece of that sooner than later to be safe. It looks like a very nice piece.

Yes its one of my favorites. Is there anway to frag the flat part or do i have to just break off the tips?

The Sally Light Foot in my tank was perched on it looking like it was eating at the bald spot. What do you thiink hes doing?

Also if i were to take a frag of the coral can i place it in that same spot without any problems? In other words, can the RTN spread or somehow stay in that area?

did you say this recession has stopped or is it still going? how fast is it moving?
it's not the aptasia. i could understand if the die off was on the very bottom, right next to the anemone, but those tentacles didn't touch the middle of that frag.

It has slowed way down, seems to almost have grown back on the bottom but the top though is still moving up, almost like the sopt is moving up as a whole. I cant edit this picture, so if you can see the piece sticking up like a cylinder in the middle. There are two of them, the one on the bottom was completly surrounded at its base a few days ago. Now its not and it lived through it.

Strange, but how would I frag it if thats the best thing to do?

Attachments

• Photo_1919CED8-4E2C-D19D-8827-D3CFC8EABF24.jpg
    Photo_1919CED8-4E2C-D19D-8827-D3CFC8EABF24.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 86
I don't think i would try and frag a piece off yet. If the RTN has slowed then i would give the coral a chance to recover. I have found that adding a little extra flow of the coral seems to help. Don't blast it or anything just a good solid flow seems to help. The rest of the coral looks very healthy and I think it will recover on its own.

Got home from work a little while ago and noticed this. Anyone know what it is. Is it time to give up and frag it?

Attachments

• Photo_AC80ECDE-31E6-EBA4-3FA3-22D306572984.jpg
    Photo_AC80ECDE-31E6-EBA4-3FA3-22D306572984.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Photo_B7A8C1B6-2DDC-E17C-DD03-49F8C820AD6E.jpg
    Photo_B7A8C1B6-2DDC-E17C-DD03-49F8C820AD6E.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom