Now one of my clowns is full of whites spots and there are some on my wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjamontan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I lost a kole tang then a royal grama. Now one of my clowns is full of whites spots and there are some on my wrasse. I emptied my hospital tank and am about to fill with half water from ky DT and half new water. What do I do? Should I take a rock from my DT and place in qt tank? Everything I have seen just tells me to fill the qt tank but what about a cycle? What I understand now is that I need to remove all fish and put them in qt as well as let Tue tank sit empty for 6 weeks? The guy at the LFS wanted to sell me what I think is called ich attack, I don't want to put this in ky tank due to having coral. What do I do?

Let me tell you why I think that this happened. In one week I added 20lb rubble rock the kole tank and a pink spot goby. As well as a top to the tank! Is this to much to mess with in a week?

U stressed them yea but.u introduced maybe Ick into yur display yes the qt will cycle its a fact no rocks the absorb meds some pvc pipe pieces with bare bottom tank if its Ick ither hypo or copper only thing that kills Ick other then that its.just snake oil

The kole tang was not looking all the good for two weeks leading up to his death. The royal gramma was not looking good one week leading up to his death. They both died when I put in to the qt tank. I think that I may have added the copper to fast, as they both died shortly after putting in to the qt. I did lose one clown on Tuesday. The clown only looked bad for two days. I emptied the qt tank cleaned out and filled with water from my DT tank on Friday and added floss from my sump in a hob filter. Trapped the other three fish and put them in the qt tank. Two days in now and they are looking fine. I have not added any copper to the tank as of now. I am just going to keep an eye on them and see what they do. I am going to lower the sg slowly for now. I will leave my DT free of fish for a month or six weeks. Does this sound right?

As long as all the copper is outthe qt u can do hypo if not that's a bad situation...

Back
Top Bottom