ocellaris clownfish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CARM

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday my yellowtail damsel died suddenly. My o. clowns seemed and still LOOK perfectly fine but this morning when I tried feeding them they both weren't eating......help?
I tested the water yesterday and got 0 for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate, and did a pwc

In case it's a bacterial/parasitic thing would it be safe to freshwater dip them?
Also would it be a bad idea to put them in a 100% new batch of saltwater?

I would go ahead and do a 90% water change. And then after a couple hrs re-test your water for nitrate,nitrite, ammonia, ph, salinity, temp. Preferably from a good Lfs or with a good kit to ensure accuracy.

If anything is weird with any of your fish, then do a freshwater dip with banking soda no longer than 3 minutes (time it). also remember to place a bag of the freshwater in your tank to match temp.

Keep the lights out and cover the tank during the day for four days. (calms the fish down) Go ahead and turn the lights on for a few minutes a couple times a day to make sure fish and tank are ok. Test water at-least daily.

Try and feed lightly, make sure nothing is left uneaten!!!

Keep up with at least 25% water changes weekly for a month. Then back to normal if things calm down. Test water!

Good luck!

How many gallons is the tank?
How long ago did the cycle complete?
How did you cycle the tank?
How long has it been up and running with fish?
Filtration both mechanical and biological?
What are the current water parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, salinity, temp, calcium and alkalinity. Please post numbers of results.
What else is in the tank (livestock and equipment)?
What has changed (food, additives, pwc schedule, etc.)?
You already did a PWC. I would not do more than 50% at a time

I agree with cmor, sorry I forgot to say that a 90% WC is only in a drastic case when all else isn't working. Try 50% first.

Back
Top Bottom