Ocellaris disease, white formation under fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Last Friday, I introduced an ocellaris and a black ocellaris to my 55 gallon FOWLR tank. Over the past week the black ocellaris has been very in active. Every since the the day I put him in my tank he has been breathing fast. Observing him over the past few days I've noticed some white stuff forming under his left side fin. I'm not sure what it could be but could someone please go look at the photos on my profile and inform me on what it might be and how to treat it? Thanks!

Today the black OC has been swimming in short bursts and the floating around, letting the current take him wherever. He's vertical most of the time. And he'll sink from time to time.

Sounds like ich. Quickly do some research on ich and possible treatments.

If its not to late to save him get him out of your display tank and into a small Quarantine tank (10 or 20 gallons will do)

That way you can treat him away from the display tank

You will need to do more research though in properly setting up a Quarintine tank. All you need is a sponge filter a heater and no sand in bottom that is how the parasites reproduce by dropping off into the sand at night

Can you put pic? What does it look like. I.e spots,bumps,patches?

Could be brooklynella or velvet. Do some google and see what path to take.

Back
Top Bottom